9.13.2011

Why Does God Love Me?: Part 2

Last time we looked at how we have experienced God's love for us to try to better understand why God loves us.  Now we are going to look at why God loves me when I don't even love myself.

Sometimes it's hard to understand why anyone would love us.  We screw things up, hurt people, let down our best friends and family.  Sometimes we lie, cheat and steal... or even worse.  We get lazy, don't take care of ourselves. We don't like the way we look, or act.  Sometimes we feel dirty and unworthy of anything. We are just plain disgusting and despise who we are. In fact, sometimes we hate the person we are.

So how does God love us? 

Paul explains...
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.    - Romans 8:38-39
 If none of that can separate us from God's love, why would we think anything else would.

God wants us to be close to him and experience his perfect love.  He is waiting.

Do you ever feel unworthy?  Do you feel separated from God's love, or anyone's love?
If you do, comment back about it or if you have a verse that pulls you out of these times, share it.

2 comments:

  1. I often times feel that way. I find it's harder for me to love and forgive myself than it is for others. I have yet to find a verse that brings me out of my funk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a powerful verse, dissected and examined it can take your breath away. If we have another day of life or whether we die today...God still loves us the same. Whether things are good or things are bad...God still loves us the same. If we are on the mountaintop or in the valley...that is not a reflection of God's love, He still us the same. Today, tomorrow or 100 years from now...non-conditional, still the same love. If Saddam Insane blows up the world, no reflection of the love of God, still the same. Nothing in ALL creation can take that love from me...except ME. It is still the same, the choice is mine whether I want to embrace it or walk away. Awesome.....

    ReplyDelete