11.08.2011

A wedding, a vacation, three kids on a plane, in-laws, and puke!

What do these all have to do with eachother, besides the first part of my vacation (oh there was also pinkeye and carrying two car seats and three kids' luggage through the Chicago airport?

What they all have in common is patience.

When I said I was going to post a blog while on vacation, I didn't know what I was going to write about. Well God has put this topic on my heat and mind. Now just to clarify; I like my in-laws. We get along great. I love being with my kids. But when family vacation consists of dragging three kids through busy airports to go to a wedding were one is the ring bearer, with pink eye, the other two were by God's grace kept quiet by sleep for one and a mother in-law with an abundance of fruit snacks for the other, while my wife was also in the weeding... The puke came later, but you get the point.

So, now to the point of this post.

Love is patient.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4 NIV

If we profess to follow Christ, it is important to act and speak out of love. Love is patient. So when life really gets going, I mean really going. Remember to be patient. And act out of love.

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I watched the Rite, and it seems to me that one of the greatest weapons against Satanic influence is patience.

    In light of protests throughout history and especially now. If one is convicted and willing to take the steps to bring about change on either side of the fence, patience is key-cheap sensational violent outbursts only serve to elevate oneself not the cause.


    Oh yes, and as a side note Max and Erma's has really good tortilla soup and chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete