10.18.2011

What would God look like to reach you?



If God was tyring to get your attention by showing up in your life, or by placing someone in your life, what would he look like?

In William P. Young's book, The Shack, the main character had a rocky relationship with his father, so God appears to him as an old woman. This made him much more receptive to what God had to say.

Or in the TV show Touched By An Angel, different characters were met by different angels. Some women, some men, some young, some old. They always seemed to know which one would be the right one to reach the person they were trying to help.

So if God needed to get you to listen to him, what would he look like? Who would he be?

6 comments:

  1. Love the picture. LOL! I'm honestly not sure what God would look like or who he would be if he appeared to me. I kinda feel he will be who he feels will reach you at that specific point in your life. It could be someone we may never have thought would bring God's word to us, but I think we will have that over whelming feeling we get when God sends us messages and we will just know to listen to that person. If that makes any sense. ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I finally did it!!! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. testing testing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my test worked, Yah!!!! I often think of that verse that talks about us entertaining angels and we don't even know it. I wonder if I have...yet:). I also agree with Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hebrews 13:2 NIV

    Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read The Shack, but reading the other comments I'm reminded that Jesus didn't appear the way "they" expected him, not just in appearance, but social status, political power, nor military strength.

    ReplyDelete