10.28.2011

If God is love...

If God is love, why did he kick Satan out of heaven?

This was the question Dylan came up with last week...

My first thought was wow, how do you answer that? Then as I thought a little, I realized that God never stopped loving Satan. He simply realized that if Satan stayed in heaven that he would have destroyed it. So, while he stilled loved Satan, God knew he had to get him put of heaven.

This is an important point for us to remember. Sometimes love is tough. When we find ourselves asking things like why does God allow pain? Maybe there is a reason... Maybe we are seeing tough love...

We don't always understand God's actions (or inactions), but God always loves us.

Have you seen or experienced God's tough love?

1 comment:

  1. Love is also not the only attribute of God. He is also Holy, Just, Righteous, Jealous...and yes, Merciful.

    I don't know if I can say I've experienced God's tough love, but I was thinking about the prisoners Rick Smith spoke about last Sunday. They can be forgiven, but still have to deal with the consequences of their previous choices, even if that means they never get out.

    Isaiah 55:8-9

    ReplyDelete