1.04.2012

Engage!




How do we engage with the world around us?

This year I am all about challenges.  So far the family's goal for the year of not eating out is going great.  Jodi and I don't even want to eat out right now.  So, it seems like a great time for another challenge.

How do we engage with the world around us?  How do you engage with friends, family, coworkers, strangers...?

Our church's vision is to impact and influence our community and world with the love of God.  So in order to do this we have to engage and interact with people.  We have to talk to people that are outside of our church.

So here is the challenge part.

How do you do this now?  How can you do better?  What seems to work well?

2 comments:

  1. I struggle a lot with engaging people. I almost always have a child or two or three pulling on me. It gets very frustrating and after being home day in and day out, I feel like I don't have a lot of "adult conversation". I often get intimidated and lack confidence in that area. I need to be more diligent about getting out and taking part in activities without that kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wise person once told me not to live like it is us vs. them. We are humans living together under the same God. Live life my loving people the way the Bible says to. No it is not easy. Working outside the home does make it eaiser to stay connected with others. Having partys/get togethers with people helps too. People are what is most important in our lives (with God first). Our relationships with others is what we need to hold up high and continue to grow.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete